Through time, the real meaning of Christmas has slowly faded into the background. Perhaps it is time now for us to remember what Christmas truly means. It is a time when we should celebrate peace, love and forgiveness and the closeness to God. It's a time when the spirit and joy of giving makes us realise who and where we are. We should try to see beyond our own material perception and be of service to humanity.
While we enjoy the gifts, food and fine wine during Christmas, let's not forget to experience the joy of making a little difference in someone else's life too. Money is not always the only way and there are other forms of giving that can be as enjoyable and fulfilling. Here are some ideas:
- Offer someone a smile or a kind word, it can change someone's day.
- Be supportive and give encouragements to those around us.
- Volunteer our time for a worth cause.
- Share our knowledge freely with others who may benefit by it.
- Use our skills or expertise to help someone who can’t afford to pay for them.
- Reach out to help someone see beyond their pain and bring them closer to God.
- Offer a prayer of gratitude to the universe or God and ask for help for the needy, hungry and sick.
The spirit of Christmas is all about selflessness. Find that spot in our heart to be benevolent again and our scarcity thinking will soon dissolve. A mindset of abundance will flow through our reality to attract more abundance into our life.